Bitten By A Dog? Our Attorneys Can Help
- Every 40 seconds, someone in the United States seeks medical attention for a dog bite related injury. It is estimated for every dog bite that is reported, three go unreported.
- Nationwide, as many as one million people annually require medical treatment for dog bites.
- More than 334,000 victims end up in the emergency room.
- More than 4.7 million people, or 2% of the U.S. population, are bitten by dogs each year.
- More than half of all the dog bite victims are children.
- National figures estimate that 60% of dog-bite attacks happen in the home, either by the family or a friend’s dog.
Several dog breeds are more prone to attacking humans, the dogs responsible for the most of the attackes are Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Huskies, Alaskan Malamutes, Doberman Pinschers, Chows, Great Danes, St. Bernards and Akitas. Pitbull dogs are involved in roughly a third of human dog bite attacks.
If you have been injured due to attacks by these breed of dogs, contact our law firm immediately Experienced personal injury lawyers and dor bite, dog attack lawyers can determine if you are eligible for a lawsuit claim. Contact Robert Aronov & Associates, P.C. a dog bite lawyer serving personal injury victims in New York. Timing is very important for your case.
The following steps should be taken as soon as attacked:
Identify the dog that bit you and see if you can get the address to the house at which the dog bite occurred. If it’s a stray, you could end up having to get medical treatments. If the dog belongs to someone you may not have to get medical treatment and you also may be eligible for a Personal Injury Lawsuit claim against the owner.